Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A hobby while I wait..

I've never considered myself to be a super creative or artistic person. Although I did enjoy art class in elementary school and junior high.. and I'm certain that my mom has a few of those "art" pieces saved somewhere in the attic :)

Lately though, I have really been craving an artistic outlet..
I can't explain it. I just need to create something.. anything!

So I've been cooking a lot more.. that has been enjoyable, in more ways than one! lol. Tonight I made Zucchini and Dill Farfalle Pasta, which was delicious, and an sweet-tart Plum Crumble. Mmmmm..


But cooking dinner isn't really cutting it as a "hobby"..

So today, I reached under our guest bed and pulled out my dusty old craft bin. I grabbed a semi-used box canvas, some acrylic paints, and went to town!
It took me several hours to figure out what I even wanted to do.. and I kept layering and letting that dry, and layering another color and letting that one dry.. until I finally decided what I would paint...
Prepare yourselves... I was going to paint.. a dog.
Haha.

What can I say? I was inspired by my little Westie, Coco.. and so today I officially became a total weirdo by painting a portrait of my pet ;)
But it was so much fun and I cannot tell you how relaxing and fulfilling it was to just simply create.
I highly recommend it!! And I think my painting turned out pretty cute, too!

A jazzy, little, pop-art, blue westie!
Awwwww..... I may even hang it up! :)
I've been trying to collect some cool paintings for a collage in our dining room.. this will perfectly diversify my current collection of flowers and landscapes.


I already can't wait for my next day off to paint something new!!

1 comment:

  1. Sooo cute! You and Kim should have painting parties. BTW - I'm gonna be in Nashville in two weekends! So, the weekend after Labor Day... And I MUST see you!

    ReplyDelete